State of Michigan Information
THE STATE OF MICHIGAN INSTITUTED A 24-HOUR WAITING PERIOD LAW THAT REQUIRES WOMEN CHOOSING AN ABORTION TO RECEIVE BOTH THE WRITTEN AND VERBAL STATE SCRIPTED VERSION OF ABORTION INFORMATION AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE. PLEASE FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES EXPLAINED BELOW. AFTER COMPLETING THE PROCESS YOU WILL NEED TO PRINT A TIMED AND DATED FORM WHICH YOU WILL NEED TO PRESENT TO US.
- Click here by Michigan’s Informed Consent for Abortion law.
- You are now in the State of Michigan’s website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “CLICK HERE TO BEGIN REVIEW OF DOCUMENTS”.
- Select the abortion procedure that you want to review.
- If you are having a surgical abortion, we recommend that you review the “Suction Curettage”.
- Next click on the Fetal Development page at the bottom of the page (step 2 of 5)
- Next click on the number of weeks on the Fetal Development Index page that most closely matches the fetus gestational age, using your last menstrual period. (if you are unsure you may contact our office for help).
- Next click here to go to the Pre-Natal Care Page located at the bottom of the page (Step 3 of 5).
- Next click to go to the Parenting Page Located at the bottom of the page. (Step 4 of 5).
- Print out the form titled: Informed Consent Confirmation Form. (Step 5 of 5). This form will indicate the date/time the paper work has been reviewed. You must print this form out no less than 24 hours before you procedure is done in order to comply with Michigan law.
OUR OFFICE STAFF IS AVAILABLE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE REVIEWED.